Selena Travel Mongolia - top Mongolian tour company invites you to high quality Mongolia tours, China tours, Siberia tours & Asia tours. Selena Travel is run by Mongolia tourism professionals, who aspire to fulfill the clients' Mongolia travel dreams and are recognized internationally by winning several prestigious tourism awards such as... more
Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia tour Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Dinosaur Native Land tour
- Trans - Siberian Adventure tour Hot
- Karakorum & Bayangobi desert gateway
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
Lake Baikal Stopover TourCheck avialablity
- Asian Blue pearl – Lake Baikal - UNESCO world heritage site
- Taltsy open-air museum. Baikal museum. Chersky viewpoint
- Irkutsk city sightseeing tour including Decembrist museum
- Multi country & Asia tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Easy
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
- From: US$ 580
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Irkutsk, city sightseeing tour
Day 2: Lake Baikal. Taltsy open-air museum. Chersky viewpoint
Day 3: Lake Baikal.
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - not set departure tour read more
Date & Price - not set departure tour
|Single Supplement Charge||US$160|
- Twin/double share accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- All meals as stated in the itinerary
- All private car or tourist coach transfers
- Entry fees to all museums and sights listed
- English-speaking guide during transfers and excursions
- Russian visa support
- International Airfare/train ticket
- Travel insurance.
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities such as camel riding, archery, fishing etc
Lake Baikal, or "Sacred Sea," is located in southeastern Siberia, in the Republic of Buryatia and the Irkutsk region, Russia. At 25-30 million years old, it is the oldest lake in the world. It measures 636 km long by 80 km wide, and has 2100 km of coastline. Over three hundred rivers and streams flow into Baikal, of which the six main ones are: Selenga, Chikoy, Khiloh, Uda, Barguzin, and the Upper Angara. Only the Angara River flows out of the lake. The deepest point in Lake Baikal is 1637 m, the average depth being 630 m, and it has an exceptional clarity which allows 40-50 m of visibility.
The open air Wooden Architecture Museum is located in a picturesque forest on the bank of the Angara river (47 km from Irkutsk). It represents settlements of Evenks, Russians, Buryats and provides a picture of life in Siberia in the XVII-XIXth centuries. Continue on to the lakeside village of Listvyanka.
The transfer from Listvyanka to Ust Orda (140 km) by car takes about 2.5 hours. In Ust Orda, a village where Shamanism is still practiced, you will experience traditional Buryatian hospitality and cuisine, enjoying their dancing and music. You are invited to take part in the original ceremony of "meeting-and-greeting" guests at a Buryat dwelling, view their folk arts and make offerings to the local spirits, so you will feel like a medieval nomad.
The city of Ulan Ude is the capital of the Republic of Buryatia, which occupies the territory to the east of Lake Baikal. The Ivolginsky Datsan is the Buddhism center of Eastern Siberia and the Far East. Its well-preserved temple is among the best historical samples of the Buddhism architecture in Russia.