Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia tour Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Endangered species in focus tour
- Mongolia honeymoon tour New
- Trans - Mongolian Adventure tour Hot
- Hunting with Eagles in Mongolia New
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
The Best China & Mongolia tourCheck avialablity
- Beijing Highlights: The Great Wall, Forbidden City Tian An Men square, Temple of Heaven
- Xi’an Highlights: Terra Cotta Warriors, Xian Ancient City Wall, Muslim Street, Shaanxi Provincial History Museum
- Mongolia Highlights: Karakorum – ancient capital of Mongolian Empire, Hustai national park, Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes
- Multi country & Asia tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Easy
- Duration: 13 days/12 nights
- From: US$ 2285
We invite you to travel China & Mongolia and explore its natural, historical and cultural wonders. You will visit Beijing, Xian - the most important 2 cities in Chinese history and Karakorum - ancient capital of Mongol Empires and admire the wonders. China has an ancient and abundant history that dates back more than 3000 years.
Beijing, an elegant modern city has been their capital for more than 800 year after Mongolian Khaan Khubilai made it the capital during the Mongols rule. Today Beijing has many historical memories like the Great Wall, Summer Palace, The Forbidden city and the famous Tiananmen square, where the hundreds of tragic students were killed in the late 20th century. Xi'an is another big place of the Chinese history. The Terracotta warriors, Wild Goose Pagoda, The Bell Tower and the Shaanxi Museum are considered the highlights of China as well.
In 1220 Genghis Khaan decided to move his capital from Khentii province to Karakorum, ~ 380 km southwest of modern day Ulaanbaatar. Permanent structure we only erected after Genghis death by his son Ogoodei Khaan. Karakorum served as the political, cultural and economic capital of the Mongols for only 40 years, before Khubilai Khaan moved in Kanbalik, in what is now Beijing. In the history modern Beijing was the Mongolian capital in the 14th century and now it’s not only a highly development city of China, but also one of most attractive tourist destination of the World. You will have very great chance to visit historical cities of Mongolia and China.
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Arrival in Beijing
Day 2: Sightseeing tour in Beijing
Day 3: Sightseeing tour in Beijing
Day 4: Beijing-Xi’an by overnight soft-sleeper train
Day 5: Xi’an arrival and sightseeing tour
Day 6: Xi’an-Beijing by evening flight
Day 7: Beijing – Leisure day
Day 8: Beijing departure - Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Day 9: Ulaanbaatar - Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes
Day 10: Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes - Karakorum
Day 11: Karakorum - Hustai national park
Day 12: Hustai national park - Ulaanbaatar
Day 13: Departure
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - not set departure tour read more
Day 1: Arrival in Beijing
Upon arrival at Beijing International Airport or Railway Station, you will be picked up by your private English-speaking guide at the luggage claim area or exit and transferred to your hotel. You will have the remainder of the day at leisure. Good 3* Hotel
Day 4: Beijing-Xi’an by overnight soft-sleeper train Z19, 20:50/08:00+1
The first highlight of today is to visit the largest and the best preserved royal park in China--- Summer Palace, which was a summer resort of Empress Dowager Cixi in Qing Dynasty. It is a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design, integrating the natural landscape of hills and open water with man-made features into a harmonious and aesthetically exceptional whole. After that, you will have a Hutong Tour by taking a rickshaw through the various Hutongs to know more about old Beijing’s manners and customs. Finally, the guide will take you to stroll in the Houhai Park area. In the evening, take the overnight soft-sleeper train to Xi’an. On the train B+L
You are transferred to the airport/train station after breakfast. End of service. B
Date & Price - not set departure tour
Included in services:
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour except in the international flight
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary.
- Twin/double share at local 3-star accommodations with daily breakfast in Beijing, Xian and Ulaanbaatar.
- Twin share at ger camps for 3 nights in Mongolia
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- Flight ticket—economic class: Xi’an/Beijing(One-way)
- Overnight soft-sleeper train: Beijing/Xi’an(One-way)
- Air-conditioned vehicles served in all transfers and tours.
- 2 bottle of water per person per day in China
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- Government tax and city construction fee where applicable in China
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive China & Mongolia tour souvenir
- International airfare to/from China and to/from Mongolia
- Visa fees
- Meals not mentioned.
- Personal expense.
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities such as camel riding, archery, fishing etc
- Low season discount 5% - Nov - May 15
Your Selena Travel advisor is happy to assist you with hotel booking on your request. Below you will find some suggested hotels in Ulaanbaatar:
- Best Western Gobi Kelso ***
- Springs hotel ***
- Ramada hotel ****
- Kempinski Khan Palace ****
- Best Western Premier *****
Outside Ulaanbaatar: Please take in mind that traveling in the countryside of Mongolia is often tough, a trip is conducted in remote areas where there’s no hotel and paved roads exist.
Outside of Ulaanbaatar, tourist Ger camps are the best accommodation for travelers. A Ger is Mongolian traditional dwelling made of felt layers and wooden construction, and the Mongols have lived in Gers since the time immemorial. Tourist Ger camps offer comfortable Gers with 1-4 beds with good bedding, and also have western style showers and WCs (mostly shared). A few Ger camps offer en-suite Gers at additional charge (please ask your Selena Travel advisor for this). Due to remoteness some tourist Ger camps may not excel in service, so travelers may not always expect high pressure showers, bubble baths or gourmet food etc.
Summer Palace in Beijing which was built in 1153 in northwest of Bejing. It is an outstanding example of imperial gardens in classical Chinese style, housing tens of thousands of precious cultural relics. Xi'an locates with an elevation of 500 metres, the Weihe Plain extends between Baoji in the west and Tongguan in the east and borders the Qinling Mountains in the south and the Huangtu Plateau in the north. Xi'an lies in the centre to the south of this plain, a favourable geographical location surrounded by water and hills. Shaanxi Provincial History Museum - one kilometre north-west of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda in Xian's southern suburb, the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum - a striking Tang-Dynasty style pavilion, houses a large collection of 113,000 historic and cultural artefacts unearthed in Shaanxi. It is an absolute must for every visitor to the city. The main complex is a mixture of ancient palaces and courtyard buildings, harmonious and graceful in hue, in simple and elegant style.
Terracotta warriors museum in Xi'an - The Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses are the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. Work is ongoing at this site, which is around 1.5 kilometers east of Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum, Lintong County, Shaanxi province. It is a sight not to be missed by any visitor to China. Upon ascending the throne at the age of 13 (in 246 BC), Qin Shi Huang, later the first Emperor of all China, had work begun on his mausoleum.\
The Karakorum was flourished in the IV-IX century by the Kirgis tribe and in 1220 the great Emperor Chinghis Khaan declared it as the capital city of his vast Empire. Many other Mongolian Khaans used Karakorum as the capital of Great Mongolian Empire, however, the Chinese Ming soldiers burnt the city several times in 15-17th century. Today there are many interesting sites left to visit; the legendary turtle rock sculptures, Buddhist stupas and the ruins of this once great city to name a few. This is one of the best place for Mongolian cultural tours.
"Elsen tasarhai" is a part of the Great Mongolian Sand dunes and extends about 80 km. The scenery is a perfect combination of desert, picturesque mountains, river and green grassland and makes you feel like you are in heaven.