Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia tour Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Dinosaur Native Land tour
- Trans - Siberian Adventure tour Hot
- Karakorum & Bayangobi desert gateway
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
Khentii Mountains TrekCheck avialablity
- Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve, Mt. Hushinga, sacred rivers – Tuul & Kherlen river, and Valley of Terelj National Park
- Ulaanbaatar sightseeing & the Giant Genghis Monument
- Nomadic Culture: Real nomadic way of lifestyle, to see how to make an dairy products
- Mongolia adventure tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Moderate
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- From: US$ 1200
Mongolia is a wonderful place for trekkers with its vast green steppes with short hills, beautiful mountains and river valleys. Its deep blue sky makes the trip more beautiful and enjoyable. The hiking trip features Mongolian foresty Mountains, bare mountains with lower altitude, rivers, lakes and hilly steppes. Taking part in the exciting trip you will visit the famous Terelj National Park, trek crossing the sacred Tuul valley toward Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve- a hidden paradise. During the trek you will have opportunities to visit local nomadic families to see how they live and tend their livestock, watching the incredibly starry skies at nights and most of all you will be totally refreshed after the trip!
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar- Terelj National Park
Day 2: Full Day of Hiking Day
Day 3 – 4: Full Day of Hiking day to the Tuul River
Day 5: Full Day of Hiking Day
Day 6: Arriving in the Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve
Day 7: Gun-Galuut – Ulaanbaatar
Day 8; Departure from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - not set departure tour read more
Day 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar- Terelj National Park
Arrive in Ulaanbaatar; meet at the airport after custom formalities. Drive out of the city to Terelj National Park. Hiking in the national park, visit the Turtle Rock, Buddhist Monastery etc. Optional hiking around the ger camp. Ger camp L+D
Day 2: Full Day of Hiking Day
Start hiking toward Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve, cross the river by the Botgo Bridge, trek in the sacred valley of the river Tuul and mountains of Terelj. Enjoy the nature beauty and the fresh air. Camping in tents B+L+D
Today, we’ll hike to the Tuul river and admire flowery steppe and hike in the pictorial Gurvan Bayan mountains under the blue skies. Continue the hiking through the valley of Hushinga mountains toward Bayandelger. Enjoy the wilderness and nature beauty. Camping in tents B+L+D
Day 5:Full Day of Hiking Day
Trekking to Gun-Galuut via Bayandelger soum, optional visit to a nomadic family. Admire the beauty of a part of Great Mongolian steppes. Tent camping near a hill. Camping in tents B+L+D
Day 6:Arriving in the Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve
This morning we drive to Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve via Ulaanbaatar.Cold beer and hot shower! Explore the surrounding places and visit the Baits mountain to see endangered wild mountain sheep Argali. Ger camp L+D
Day 7:Gun-Galuut – Ulaanbaatar
After breakfast we drive back to Ulaanbaatar for 2 hours and transfer to the hotel. On the way back, visit to Giant Genghis monument. The city tour of Ulaanbaatar takes you through some of the principal sights of this unique city. You visit the Gandan Monastery, Genghis Khan monument on the Sukhbaatar square, the Museum of National History, and we visit to Natural history museum where we can learn about dinosaurs and flora and fauna. Farewell dinner. Centrally located excellent hotel 3 B+L+D
Day 8:Departure from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
You are transferred to the airport/train station after breakfast. End of service. B
Date & Price - not set departure tour
|Single Supplement Charge||US$200 |
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Ticket to the Giant Genghis Monument Complex
- Private transfers and transports (Saloon car/4WD minivan + Experienced driver)
- Twin/double share in hotel***, twin/triple share at good tourist camps/tents
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- Cook for camping days
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive Hiking in National Parks tour souvenir!
- International Airfare/train ticket
- Travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities such as camel riding, archery, fishing etc
- Courier bringing min 3 pax
- More attractive prices for groups of 12 and more people!
- 1 free space for every 16 PAX
Terelj National Park - is one of the most popular national parks in Mongolia. Terelj is just 60km from Ulaanbaatar in the east and features stunning granite mountains and flowery endless grassy green meadows. This picturesque National Park is a part of Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area. It is a great place for hiking and trekking, even you can do rock climbing here at its natural steep granite walls.
The River Tuul sacred valley - The river Tuul is one of the longest rivers of the country, flowing from the Khentii Mountain Range. The valley of the river has been called sacred for centuries by the nomads as they truly respect the nature expecially the rivers and the surface water. The beautiful valley in summer is often dotted with traditional Mongolian gers and offers picturesque sceneries.
Great Mongolian Steppes - is one of the biggest plateu in the Central Asia with its endless steppes. During the trip we will travel the western edge of the great steppes. White gazelles, marmot, fox, corsac fox, wolf, gerbils inhabit the steppes with livestock.
The sport of trekking or hiking is not a modern fad but as old any other exploratory instincts know to mankind. The mountain folk have been doing it forever. There are no boundaries to trekking and age is no barrier, you are never too young and as old as you believe yourself to be. Trekking in the wilderness apart from showing you some of the most amazing scenery that nature has bestowed upon us gives you the luxury of introspection and a sense of achievement at the end of the day. Welcome to the lands of infinite Mystique and unparalleled charm - Mongolia. Trekking or hiking is one of the fundamental outdoor activities on which many others are based. Many beautiful places can only be reached overland by trekking. Mongolia hashed a lure for the traveler from time immemorial from those seeking salvation to the plain adventurous.