Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia (with flight) Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Endangered species in focus tour
- Mongolia honeymoon tour New
- Trans - Mongolian Adventure tour
- Karakorum & Bayangobi desert gateway
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
Trekking in the Altai mountains tourCheck avialablity
- Western Mongolian Highlights: Holy Five Peaks, Kazakh Culture – one of the biggest ethnic group of Mongolia
- Trekking in the Majestic Altai Mountain: Mt. Malchin ~ 4050 m high – one of Five Holy Peaks of Altai Mountain Range
- Breathtaking sceneries all the time and endless photo opportunities!
- Mongolia adventure tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Strenuous
- Duration: 14 days/13 nights
- From: US$ 2950
Located in the landlocked plateau of Central Asia between China and Russia, Mongolia covers a territory larger than that of Great Britain, France, Germany and Italy combined. As the 19th largest country in the world, Mongolia’s considerable size includes a fabulous array of pristine landscapes and a nomadic people whose lives are in many ways unaffected from the days of Genghis Khan and his mighty Mongol Empire. You’ll trek in the majestic highest Altai region by taking this exciting adventure trip. This trekking tour takes you all the way to the stunning Altai mountain range in the remote western Mongolia. The Mongol Altai range has some of the most exceptional mountain scenery that one could ever see without any doubts. Trekking through the snowy mountains amongst the majestic peaks, you will be walking on Mongolia's longest glacier. The trip is yet cultural, taking you to the different ethnic groups like the Kazakhs- people with very different culture and religion, Khoton and Tuva people of Mongolia. You will admire the amazing nature and unique traditions during this wonderful trekking.
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Arrival In Ulaanbaatar, Tour Of The City
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar – Bayan- Olgii Province (Olgii Town)
Day 3: Trekking to the Khoton & Khurgan lake
Day 4-6: Trekking in The Tavan Bogd National Park
Day 7: Arrive In Base Camp
Day 8: Potanin glacier exploration day
Day 9: Climbing To Mt. Malchin Peak Of Five Holy Peak
Day 10: Trekking from base camp to Oigor river
Day 11: Back To Olgii
Day 12: Olgii – Ulaanbaatar
Day 13: Free Day In Ulaanbaatar
Day 14: Departure From Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - set departure tour read more
Day 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar, Tour of the City
Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, meet at the airport, and transfer to the hotel. The city tour of Ulaanbaatar takes you through some of the principal sights of this unique city. You visit the Gandan Monastery, Genghis Khan monument on the Sukhbaatar square and the Museum of National History. Centrally located excellent hotel 3* L
Day 3: Trekking to Khoton & Khurgan lake
Day 4 – 6: Trekking in the Tavan Bogd National Park
Day 7: Arrive in Base Camp
Date & Price - set departure tour
|Single supplement charge||US$400|
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Renting transport + driver with petrol, lubricants, maintenance
- Accommodation in double/triple occupancy /hotel - H, ger camps-Gc, local hotel-Lc, tent-T/
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- Air flights to/from Bayan Ulgii + 15 kg luggage free of charge, government taxes
- Cook for the camping days
- Camel support with camel guide
- Border and relates permissions
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive Altai Trekking tour souvenir!
Not Included in the Price
- International Airfare/train ticket
- Travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities such as camel riding, archery, fishing etc
- Sleeping bags and mat, and trekking gears
- Courier bringing min 3 pax
- More attractive prices for groups of 12 and more people!
- 1 free space for every 16 PAX
Your Selena Travel advisor is happy to assist you with hotel booking on your request. Below you will find some suggested hotels in Ulaanbaatar:
- Best Western Gobi Kelso ***
- Springs hotel ***
- Ramada hotel ****
- Kempinski Khan Palace ****
- Best Western Premier *****
Outside Ulaanbaatar: Please take in mind that traveling in the countryside of Mongolia is often tough, a trip is conducted in remote areas where there’s no hotel and paved roads exist.
Outside of Ulaanbaatar, tourist Ger camps are the best accommodation for travelers. A Ger is Mongolian traditional dwelling made of felt layers and wooden construction, and the Mongols have lived in Gers since the time immemorial. Tourist Ger camps offer comfortable Gers with 1-4 beds with good bedding, and also have western style showers and WCs (mostly shared). A few Ger camps offer en-suite Gers at additional charge (please ask your Selena Travel advisor for this). Due to remoteness some tourist Ger camps may not excel in service, so travelers may not always expect high pressure showers, bubble baths or gourmet food etc.
DESTINATION & ATTRACTIONS BRIEF INFO
The majestic Mongolian Altai Mountain range dominates the western part of Mongolia. The name Tavan Bogd (Five Saints - Five Holy Peaks) was given to a cluster of 5 dramatic peaks that tower the extensive Mongol Altai mountain range. The mountainous area climate is extreme with very little vegetation, giving the surrounding landscape a barren appearance. The stunning mountains of Altai are home to wild animals such as the globally endangered Snow Leopard, Argali and Ibex, as well as wolves and many bird species.
Ethnic groups: Altai area is a place where many ethnic groups inhabit. You will meet the Kazak, Tuva, Torguud and many other small groups and enjoy their distinctive traditions and lives. The Kazakh is a small ethnic group of Turkic origin that was one of Genghis Khaan's tribes. They are Muslims and now live peacefully keeping their completely different customs, strict traditions, religion and inhabit the Altai Mountains. Not like their relatives in Kazakhstan, they speak in their own Kazakh language as Mongolian government gave them the rights to keep and conserve their native language and religion. The traditional Kazak gers are generally larger and more decorated than their Mongolian counterparts. Their traditions surrounding food are also quite different to those in Mongolia. Though, they are very friendly like the Mongols. Hunting by trained Golden eagles are tradition that dates back about 2000 years. The hunters catch young female eagles around two-years old and train them for their special hunting. Although hunting usually takes place in November and December the hunters are always proud to show their birds and to demonstrate their hunting methods.
Trekking is one of the fundamental outdoor activities on which many others are based. Many beautiful places can only be reached overland by trekking. Mongolia hashed a lure for the traveler from time immemorial from those seeking salvation to the plain adventurous. Enthusiasts regard trekking as the best way to see nature. Trekking over long distances or over difficult terrain does require some degree of physical ability and knowledge. Trek along narrow winding trails with an abandon that comes only from knowing that the destination you seek will be beyond your expectations. Mongolia trekking is an unforgettable experience as Mongolia is a great place for hiking and trekking.
Adventure trekking and hiking in the Altai Mountains, Malchin Peak, Khangai Mountains, Terelj National Park, Gun-Galuut is wonderful. Trekking in Mongolia is unique as it gives you the chance to explore the country's nomadic culture and meet the friendly nomads while enjoying the nature beauty. No description of this trek would do justice to the scenery that unfolds in front of your eyes. Selena Travel organizes soft adventure short hikes and moderate treks to the hard adventure mountain climbing, mountain trekking and real challenging long treks.