Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia (with flight) Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Endangered species in focus tour
- Mongolia honeymoon tour New
- Trans - Mongolian Adventure tour
- Karakorum & Bayangobi desert gateway
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
Naadam and the Gobi Desert tourCheck avialablity
- The Great Naadam Festival - UNESCO World Cultural Heritage
- You will base at one ger camp in the Gobi, need to pack everyday
- Khongor sand dunes, the Bayanzag and Yoliin Am Gorge
- Cultural & Festival tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Easy
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- From: US$ 2350
Travelling overland in safari style, you will visit the vast expanses of the Gobi Desert, via Ongi monastery ruins where a three day circuit explores the lofty sand dunes of Khongoriin Els, the glacial canyon of Yolyn Am, and the red cliffs of Bayanzag, where the world’s richest deposits of dinosaur fossils are found.
Featuring Ramada Ulaanbaatar city center 4* hotel - Recipient of the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
One of the highlight of this tour is attending the exciting “Great Naadam Festival of the Mongols” that the nomads have cherished for thousands of years. Naadam Festival originates from the era of the Hunnu state, the first nomadic state in Central Asia and the ancestors of the Mongols. The Festival is comprised with the world’s second old Olympic Games “Three Sports of Men” namely the Archery, Horse racing and Wrestling.
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar, tour of the City
Day 2: Fly to the Gobi Desert - Bayanzag
Day 3 – 4: Bayanzag – Khongor Sand Dunes- Yoliin Am Gorge
Day 5: South Gobi – Ulaanbaatar
Day 6 – 7: Naadam Festival Days
Day 8: Departure from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - set departure tour read more
Day 1: Jul 06. Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, meet at the airport after custom formalities and transfer to the hotel. The city tour of Ulaanbaatar takes you through some of the principal sights of this unique city. You visit the Gandan Monastery, Genghis Khan Monument on the Sukhbaatar square and the Museum of National History. Ramada hotel 4* L
Date & Price - set departure tour
|Single supplement charge|| |
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Private transfers (4WD Japanese minivans + Experienced drivers)
- Twin/double share in a good hotel****, twin/triple share at good tourist camps
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 0.5 day camel riding fees in the Gobi desert
- Gobi – ULN one way domestic flight ticket + 15 kg luggage free, government taxes
- Naadam Festival tickets and arrangements
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive Mongolia tour explorer souvenir!
Not Included in the price
- International Airfare/train ticket
- Travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities such as camel riding, archery, fishing etc
- For children of a family (0 – 3 years old) is 100% free of charge
- For children of a family (4 – 12 years old) is 40% free of charge
- Courier bringing min 3 pax
- More attractive prices for groups of 12 and more people!
- 1 free space for every 16 PAX
Your Selena Travel advisor is happy to assist you with hotel booking on your request. Below you will find some suggested hotels in Ulaanbaatar:
- Best Western Gobi Kelso ***
- Springs hotel ***
- Ramada hotel ****
- Kempinski Khan Palace ****
- Best Western Premier *****
Outside Ulaanbaatar: Please take in mind that traveling in the countryside of Mongolia is often tough, a trip is conducted in remote areas where there’s no hotel and paved roads exist.
Outside of Ulaanbaatar, tourist Ger camps are the best accommodation for travelers. A Ger is Mongolian traditional dwelling made of felt layers and wooden construction, and the Mongols have lived in Gers since the time immemorial. Tourist Ger camps offer comfortable Gers with 1-4 beds with good bedding, and also have western style showers and WCs (mostly shared). A few Ger camps offer en-suite Gers at additional charge (please ask your Selena Travel advisor for this). Due to remoteness some tourist Ger camps may not excel in service, so travelers may not always expect high pressure showers, bubble baths or gourmet food etc.
DESTINATION & ATTRACTIONS BRIEF INFO
The Naadam festival is the biggest and most joyful celebration of the Mongols. It takes place on the 11-12th July annually.