Selena Travel Mongolia - top Mongolian tour company invites you to high quality Mongolia tours, China tours, Siberia tours & Asia tours. Selena Travel is run by Mongolia tourism professionals, who aspire to fulfill the clients' Mongolia travel dreams and are recognized internationally by winning several prestigious tourism awards such as... more
Set departure tours!
Design your perfect private holiday with us!
- Discover True Mongolia tour Hot
- Mongolia Naadam festival tour Hot
- Horse Trekking in the Orkhon Valley New
- Dinosaur Native Land tour
- Trans - Siberian Adventure tour Hot
- Karakorum & Bayangobi desert gateway
- Send us an inquiry
Stay connected with us
Majestic Western Mongolia tourCheck avialablity
- The Uvs Lake Uushig – the largest lake of Mongolia, ethnc groups of Mongolia – Kazakh, Durvud, Uuld, Bayad etc, Tavan Bogd National park – Five Holy Peaks, Khoid Tsenkher Caves – the most famous rock painting
- Authentic culture experience: by visiting real nomads and interacting with them
- Mongolia discovery tours
- Style: Traveller
- Tour grade: Easy
- Duration: 15 days/14 nights
- From: US$ 2900
Western Mongolia is famous for being the home for a dozen ethnic groups of Mongolia and the Kazakh people and is the least traveled area of the country. The nature is more beautiful and pristine and the people are more hospitable and generous there. This fantastic overland tour comprises the most exciting 4 western provinces of vast Mongolia.
You will take the domestic flight to Uvs - home to several ethnic groups. The largest lake of Mongolia called Uvs is on your way of journey to the Western Mongolia. Then continue overland discovery tour visiting Bayan-Olgii for the Kazakh Eagle hunters & Altai mountains, Khovd for the beautiful Tsambagarav Mountain, Tolbo lake, witness ethnic groups and throat singers and eventually ending your tour in Gobi-Altai province, where you will travel the ultimate Gobi Desert, Sutai mountain and meet more ethnic groups of Mongolia. You will then fly back to UB.
Our local travel experts team will ensure that the tour runs smoothly in this remote region of Mongolia, and will share their endless experience and knowledge of the region with you!
Brief Itinerarygo to detailDay 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar and City sightseeing
Day 2-3: Ulaanbaatar- Uvs, exploring Uvs province & Meeting ethnic groups
Day 4-5: Uvs to Bayan-Ulgii province
Day 6-7: Tavan Bogd National Park & Eagle Hunters
Day 8-9: Lake Tolbo & Khovd via Mt.Tsambagarav
Day 10-11: Khovd to Mt.Sutai via Mankhan & Khar Us Lake
Day 12-13: Mt. Sutai to Gobi Altai, then to Ulaanbaatar
Day 14: Leisure day in Ulaanbaatar
Day 15: Departure
Images of the Tour
Date & Price - set departure tour read more
Reviews read more reviews
Day 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar, city Sightseeing
Transfer to centrally located good 3* hotel. City sightseeing: the Gandan Monastery, Museum of Mongolian National History and Genghis Monument on the Sukhbaatar Square. Centrally located excellent hotel 3* L
Day 2-3: Ulaanbaatar – Uvs, Exploring Uvs Province & Meeting Ethnic Groups
We take the flight to Uvs province in Western Mongolia, visit the Mongolia's largest lake Uvs, the pretty Uureg lake, and meet ethnic groups of Bayad, Durvud and Uuld people. Tent camping B+L+D
Day 4-5: Uvs to Bayan-Ulgii province
We visit the Achit lake and the Kharkhiraa Valley on our way to Bayan-Ulgii province. Arrive in Ulgii town on Day 5, visit the town mosque, bazaar and museum, transfer to ger camp, shower etc. Tent/Cer camp B+L+D
On these 2 days we explore the eastern edge of the Altai Tavan Bogd National Park where Mongolia's highest point lays at 4374m above sea level. We will also visit Kazakh nomadic families along the way and witness their tremendous Eagle Hunting practice & renowned hospitality. Tent camping B+L+D
Day 8 – 9: Tolbo Lake & Khovd Via Mt.Tsambagarav
We continue our journey to Khovd province via the legendary Tolbo Lake and the Mt. Tsambagarav, meet ethnic groups such as Myangad, Khalkha, Khoton etc along the way. Tent/Cer camp B+L+D
On these 2 days we travel toward Gobi-Altai province, will explore the 10'000-40'000 years old rock paintings in the world famous Khoid Tsenkher Caves, Khar Us Lake and break our journey nearby the stunning Sutai Mountain (4000m). Tent camping B+L+D
Day 12 – 13: Mt. Sutai to Gobi Altai, then to Ulaanbaatar
Before making our way back to Ulaanbaatar from Mongolia's highest town, we will drive through the ultimate Gobi Desert, and admire the beauty of one of the most mysterious deserts of the world. Tent / Hotel 3* B+L+D
Day 14: Ulaanbaatar
Free day in Ulaanbaatar. In the evening enjoy a traditional folklore concert by Mongolia's best ensemble and have farewell dinner with your friends. Centrally located excellent hotel 3* B+D
Day 15: Departure
After breakfast we will be transferred to Ulaanbaatar airport/train station. B
Date & Price - set departure tour
|Single supplement charge||US$400|
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Private transfers (4x4 Russian made minivan(s) + Experienced driver(s))
- Twin/double share in hotel***, twin/triple share at good tourist camps
- Cook for camping days
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- 0.5 day of horse riding in Western Mongolia
- ULN – Uvs and Altai - ULN air tickets + Tax (15kg free luggage), taxes
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive Majestic Western Mongolia tour souvenir!
- International Airfare/train tickets + Tax
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Sleeping bags & mat and camping equipments except from tent
- For children of a family (0 – 3 years old) is 100% free of charge
- For children of a family (4 – 12 years old) is 40% free of charge
- Courier bringing min 3 pax
- More attractive prices for groups of 12 and more people!
- 1 free space for every 16 PAX
The majestic western Mongolia is definitely the most beautiful part of the country. The mountainous area climate is extreme with very little vegetation, giving the surrounding landscape a barren appearance. The stunning mountains of Altai are home to wild animals such as the globally endangered Snow Leopard, Argali and Ibex, as well as wolves and many bird species.
Aug 09, 2007. Western Mongolia - customized ethnic group visit tour How are things in Mongolia? It hardly seems possible but it is already over a month since we were on holidays there. Thanks again for organising such a wonderful trip. The experience was one we will never forget. Our crew of Egi, Angel, Hasha, Badarch and Mandah were exceptional, and we all had a great time together. Once again, thanks and best wishes.Mr. Phil Atkinson and friends