Do you wonder what is beyond Gobi and wide open steppe in Mongolia?
The answer is to take a closer look at the northern part of Mongolia which is dominated by the forest mountain like Switzerland and blue pearl Lake Khuvsgul, known as a sister of Lake Baikal in Russia.
The facts about Lake Khuvsgul:
- It was formed from same tectonic as Lake Baikal in 23 million years ago
- It contains 1% of world fresh water resources
- Volume of 136km, 138 m deep, 136 length, area of 2760 km2
- 800km away from capital city Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Why to go there:
- Merge into unique culture of Reindeer tribe & yak herder families
- Discover about the origin of Shamanism
- Leave your trace through Siberian forest mountain range
- Refresh your mind in the total of isolation but in the pristine nature
- Give back to the locals
Selena Travel Mongolia offers set departure (from June - Sep) and tailor made tour (all year around) to Khuvsgul lake. The tour features natural wonder of the area, real experience of local herder families, and other activities such as kayaking, boat riding, hiking, horse riding etc.
Please visit our website and let us help you on trip planning to Lake Khuvsgul!
We are looking forward to seeing you in Mongolia